Apply to Speak at WordSesh 2022
WordSesh is looking for a few speakers for the next WordSesh event. WordSesh 2022 is scheduled to take place between May 16th-20th, 2022 and will feature sessions that are conveniently scheduled for each major global region (i.e. your own timezone).
If you've never presented before, or belong to an underrepresented group, or somehow feel like maybe you shouldn't apply, be encouraged! This application is for you because it is for everyone. Including your voice could be the tipping point in someone's life and career!
WordSesh has hosted more than one hundred speakers from all around the world. Some have spoken dozens of times, some delivered their very first presentation on WordSesh. Each and every one of them have been essential to making WordSesh unique and valuable to the entire WordPress community. We're glad you want to to be part of this group!
We are actively looking for a mix of voices – folks from different backgrounds, with different journeys and experiences, and who don’t look or sound alike. Everyone is encouraged to submit a talk proposal, especially people groups who don't feel well-represented at tech conferences. Please reach out privately if you have any questions.
Thank you for your desire to share your experience with WordSesh attendees!
- This is a completely digital and virtual event. All speakers, attendees, and hosts will be remote from one another.
- We have two formats for sessions this year:
- Presentation: 20 minutes of instruction followed by 5-10min of live Q&A.
- Hands-on Workshop: A detailed and interactive session where the audience participates in turn with instruction, culminating in a finished project.
- Sessions will feature a combination of pre-recorded and live content.
- Recordings of every session will be distributed on WPSessions.com following the live broadcast.
Benefits of speaking at WordSesh
Every speaker will receive:
- The opportunity to be heard by a broad audience of WordPress professionals. Anticipated attendance is between 1,500-3,500 people.
- One (1) comped ticket to attend WordSesh.
- Up to two (2) coaching and review sessions for your approved talk.
- A $250USD honorarium sent via PayPal, ACH, Wire Transfer, or physical check.
- The speaker application deadline is Friday, April 1 at 11:59pm EST (UTC-5).
- You will be notified about your application status by Friday, April 8th.
- Public speaker announcements will begin on Monday, April 11th.
- You may submit up to two (2) different presentation topics.
- Only twelve (12) speakers will be selected.
- Abide by the event code of conduct.
- Deliver an original-to-you talk that doesn't already exist online (note: it is perfectly okay to repeat a talk you've already delivered if it's been revised or it's not freely available to attendees elsewhere).
- Deliver a run-through of the current draft of your talk two weeks prior to the event.
- Provide a link to your draft slides (or talk outline) one week prior to the event (for our captioners).
- Provide a link to your final slides after your session has ended.
- Participate in a live Q&A following your presentation.
- Participate briefly in the event chat following your session for any follow-up questions from attendees.
- You have to know how to spell WordPress. And respect the WordPress logo/trademarks.
- It is okay to share your products or services, and other products or services. It is not okay for your talk to be a pitch or entirely self-serving.