Apply to Speak at WordSesh
Speaker applications are no longer being accepted for the May 22nd event. Check back for future WordSesh speaking opportunities!
Hello! WordSesh is looking for a few speakers. Especially if you've never presented before, or belong to an underrepresented group, or somehow feel like maybe you shouldn't apply, be encouraged! This event is for you because it is for everyone. Including your voice could be the tipping point in someone's career!
Thank you, first and foremost, for your interest in speaking. Thank you for considering to share your knowledge and experience with WordSesh attendees! Before you get started on your application there are a few things you might want to know.
The next WordSesh event is Wednesday, May 22, 2019 and will run from approximately 10am-8pm EDT (UTC-4). Let's get to it!
- This is a completely digital and virtual event. All speakers, attendees, and hosts will be remote from one another.
- Each of the presentation sessions will run 50 minutes with 35-40 minutes allotted for instruction and 10-15 minutes reserved for Q&A.
- Every session will be recorded and distributed via WPSessions.com following the live broadcast.
Benefits of speaking at WordSesh
Every speaker will receive:
- The opportunity to be heard by a broad audience of WordPress professionals. Anticipated attendance is between 500-1,000 people.
- One (1) comped ticket to attend WordSesh.
- Up to two (2) coaching and review sessions for your approved talk.
- A $250 stipend sent via PayPal, ACH, or physical check.
- The speaker application deadline is Friday, April 19 at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4).
- You will be notified about your application status by Monday, April 29.
- Speaker announcements will be published on Wednesday, May 1st.
- You may submit up to two (2) different presentation topics.
- Only ten (10) speakers will be selected.
- Abide by the event code of conduct.
- Deliver an original-to-you talk that doesn't already exist online (note: it is perfectly okay to repeat a talk you've already delivered).
- Deliver a run-through of the current draft of your talk one week prior to the event.
- Provide a link to your final slides after your session has ended.
- Participate briefly in the event chat following your presentation for any follow-up questions from attendees.
Tips for Applying
- Think of the audience first: what will they learn and why is it useful?
- Be succinct in describing your talk. Try and capture the value of the material in 2-3 exciting sentences (there are plenty of great talk intros across WPSessions sessions).
- Think about practical application instead of concepts or ideas alone.
- Create a two minute video pitch to further sell your idea. If you're not sure what to say you can share greater detail about your talk summary. This is entirely optional, please don't feel intimidated by it!
- Get amped up reading these inspiring posts: